Water Photography: Trapping Bubbles
February 17, 2017
After many attempts, the settings were finally calibrated to capture the shot I am looking for.
Focus and shutter speed are the two key components to photographing the air bubbles as they rise.
- Focus: held half or partway into the container
- Shutter speed: no less than 1/800
- A low ISO is easily determined with a back-lit subject
To introduce air bubbles simply use a food syringe filled with plain water or water with food coloring.
- Hold filled syringe above frame
- Set timed multiple photo capture
- Push syringe plunger with force when camera starts photographing